10 Best Laptops in India (May 2023)

Are you looking for the best laptop in India? Read on to know the features and specifications of the best laptops in India

##Please note that the prices may vary##

A laptop is used for varied purposes such as education, office work, personal use, gaming and entertainment. Read on to know the features and specifications of the best laptops in India.

Our Top Picks

Best Overall - Apple 2022 MacBook Pro Laptop with M2 chip: 33.74 cm (13.3-inch) Retina Display, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD Storage

When we thought Apple could not improve, it launched its Apple Macbook Pro with an M2 chip. It has everything from a fast-core CPU + GPU processor to a dynamic retina display.

Best Budget - Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 Pro Intel Evo Core i5-11320H, 14"(35.6cm)2.8K 400nits Thin & Light Laptop

Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 Pro offers a powerful Intel Core i5 processor, integrated Intel graphics, 16GB RAM and 512GB storage space at an affordable INR 68,990.

Best Gaming - MSI Gaming Crosshair 15, Intel 12th Gen. i7-12700H, 40CM QHD 165Hz Gaming Laptop

Nvidia Ge-Force RTX 3060 graphics, 165Hz refresh rate and 15.7” screen with full HD display make MSI Gaming Crosshair 15 our top pick in laptops for immersive gameplay.

Best 2 in 1 - Samsung Galaxy Book2 360 Intel 12th Gen i7 EvoTM 33.78cm (13.3") AMOLED 2 in 1 Touch Screen Laptop

With an AMOLED screen display that offers vivid colours and contrast and faster screen response time, Samsung Galaxy Book2 360 is our pick for the best 2 in 1 convertible laptop.

Summary of the Best Laptops in India

The best laptops in India have much to offer, from powerful core processors to demanding graphic systems and great memory sizes. Working on these laptops makes life easy and gives you a joyful experience. This article will look at the 10 best laptops in India.

Here is a list of all the laptops mentioned in this article, with their pricing.

The 10 Best Laptops in India

1. Microsoft Surface Studio - 14.4" Touchscreen - Intel Core i7 , Windows 11 Home, 32GB Memory - 1TB SSD - Click here for Amazon deal

Enjoy smooth gameplay and seamless entertainment, and sketch, draw or take notes on the graphics power that exceeds your expectations. Microsoft Surface Studio offers a powerful Intel Core i7 processor and dedicated Nvidia GeForce RTX 3050 graphics. The 14.4” screen is touch and has a 120Hz refresh rate display.

Specification:

• Processor – Intel Core i7
  • Graphics - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3050
  • RAM – 32GB
  • Hard Disk Size – 1TB
  • Operating System – Windows 11 Home
  • Screen Size – 14.4”
  • Special features – Touchscreen
  • Colour – Platinum

Accessories:

• PSU (power adaptor)
  • QSG cable

Who should buy this product? – Those who want immersive entertainment and a seamless work experience.

User Feedback – a sought-after product for its processor and display quality

Pros Cons
Fast & powerful core processor No detachable screen
Dedicated graphic card Offers only two Thunderbolt 4 ports, and a 3.5 mm audio jack
Ample RAM of 32GB and hard disk size of 1TB
True-to-life colour and contrast
Sleek design and supreme built quality

2. Dell XPS 13 Plus Laptop, Intel i5-1240P, 16GB LP DDR5 & 512GB SSD, 13.4" – Intel Core i5, 13.4” - Click here for Amazon deal

Dell is one of the best laptop brands in India, and its XPS 13 Plus is an example of why. It has a powerful Intel Core i5 processor with an integrated graphics card and a processor speed of 1.2 GHz. The 13.4” display screen is touch, anti-reflect and has 500 nits of brightness.

Specification:

• Processor – Intel Core i5
  • Graphics – Intel Iris Xe Graphics
  • RAM – 16GB
  • Hard Disk Size – 512GB
  • Operating System – Windows 11
  • Screen Size – 13.4”
  • Special features – Fingerprint Reader, Backlit Keyboard, Touchscreen
  • Colour – Platinum

Accessories:

• Charger & Adapter

Who should buy this product? – Users looking for a powerful and efficient laptop with a supreme screen display

User Feedback – It is efficient, durable and easy to use, but is slightly expensive for the features it offers

Pros Cons
Fast & powerful core processor No detachable screen
Touchscreen, Anti-Reflect, 500 nits, InfinityEdge display No dedicated graphic card
Ample RAM of 16GB and hard disk size of 512GB Overpriced
Life-like visuals and immersive sound
Durable and premium design

3. Apple 2022 MacBook Pro Laptop with M2 chip: 33.74 cm (13.3-inch) Retina Display, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD Storage, Touch Bar, Backlit Keyboard, FaceTime HD Camera - Click here for Amazon deal

Apple MacBook Pro, with an advanced M2 chip and retina display like no other, is the best laptop in the world. Apple’s newly launched M2 chip features a powerful 8-core CPU and 10-core GPU, with 24GB of unified memory. It offers up to 20 hours of battery life.

Specifications:

• Processor – M2 chip
  • Graphics – M2 chip
  • RAM – 8GB
  • Hard Disk Size – 512GB
  • Operating System – Mac OS
  • Screen Size – 13.3”
  • Special features – Portable, Backlit Keyboard
  • Colour – Silver

Accessories:

• USB-C Charge Cable (2m)
  • 67W USB-C Power Adapter

Who should buy this product? – Those who are looking for the ultimate CPU experience. It works great for editing photos, videos and audio and making presentations.

User Feedback – Rated highly for superior performance, screen display and battery life.

Pros Cons
M2 chip makes the laptop powerful and efficient Limited support to Android devices
Brilliant retina display with 500 nits brightness and incredible detailing Limited storage
Up to 20 hours of battery life Restricted hardware upgrades
Active cooling system
HD camera and studio-quality mics

4. MSI Gaming Crosshair 15, Intel 12th Gen. i7-12700H, 40CM QHD 165Hz Gaming Laptop - Click here for Amazon deal

MSI is among the best laptop brands for gaming, and MSI Gaming Crosshair 15, with its powerful Intel Core i7 processor and Nvidia Ge-Force RTX 3060 graphics, is the best laptop in India for immersive gameplay. It comes with MSI’s exclusive spectrum backlight keyboard, a 15.7” screen size and a refresh rate of 165Hz.

Specifications:

• Graphics - Nvidia Ge-Force RTX 3060
  • RAM – 16GB
  • Hard Disk Size – 1TB
  • Screen Size – 15.7”
  • Special features – Back-lit Keyboard, Built-in Microphone
  • Colour – Black

Accessories:

• Charger

Who should buy this product? – Gamers are looking for competitive FPS gaming.

User Feedback – A highly sought-after product for screen display and gaming experience.

Pros Cons
Powerful Intel Core i7 processor and dedicated Nvidia Ge-Force RTX 3060 graphics Lacks adequate battery life
Light and thin exteriors The finger touchpad is small in size and has mediocre clicking
Expandable RAM and 1TB of storage space
165Hz of refresh rate is great for FPS gaming
Built-in microphone

5. Samsung Galaxy Book2 360 Intel 12th Gen i7 EvoTM 33.78cm (13.3") AMOLED 2 in 1 Touch Screen Laptop - Click here for Amazon deal

With a wide range of competitive laptops available from Samsung in the market, it is the best laptop company in India. Samsung Galaxy Book2 360 has a powerful Intel Core i7 processor and integrated Intel Iris Xe graphics. The 13.3” screen is touch and has a super AMOLED display that offers vivid colours and faster screen response time.

Specifications:

• Graphics - Intel Iris Xe graphics
  • RAM – 16GB
  • Hard Disk Size – 512GB
  • Screen Size – 13.3”
  • Special features – 2 in 1 convertible laptop
  • Colour – Graphite

Accessories:

• TA & C to C cable

Who should buy this product? – It is great to carry around and work or study on the go. Samsung Galaxy Book2 360 is among the best laptops in India for students.

User Feedback – Rated highly for performance, value for money and battery life.

Pros Cons
Powerful Intel Core i7 processor No dedicated graphic card
2 in 1 convertible laptop with all the features of a tablet No detachable screen
Battery life of up to 10 hours Overpriced
A wide range of port options includes USB 3.2, USB Type-C, HDMI and Thunderbolt 4.
Provision to connect the laptop with Galaxy Tab wirelessly to add a second screen
AMOLED screen display

6. HP Pavilion Plus, 12th Gen Intel Core i7 16GB RAM/1TB SSD 14 inch - Click here for Amazon deal

With an efficient Intel Core i7 processor and integrated Intel graphic system, HP Pavilion Plus is a high-performing laptop for young professionals. The OLED display with a 90Hz refresh rate offers a wide spectrum of colours for optimum visualisation.

Specifications:

• Graphics - Intel Iris Xe graphics
  • RAM – 16GB
  • Hard Disk Size – 1TB
  • Screen Size – 14”
  • Special features – HP Quick Drop for wireless transfers between mobile phones and the laptop, Micro-edge display
  • Colour – Natural Silver

Accessories:

• Power adapter

Who should buy this product? – Those who are looking for a superior-performing laptop with good storage space.

User Feedback – Rated highly for portability, screen quality and camera quality

Pros Cons
Powerful Intel Core i7 processor No dedicated graphic card
16GB RAM and 1TB Hard Disk size Not for gaming purposes
Suitable for editing and creating videos and photos
2.8K OLED display
Lightweight, compact & comfortable

7. Apple 2020 MacBook Air Laptop M1 chip, 13.3-inch/33.74 cm Retina Display, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD Storage - Click here for Amazon deal

Another impressive product from Apple is the MacBook Air with an M1 chip that offers a fast and powerful CPU + GPU system. It is great to tackle intensive tasks while using less power. The immersive retina display will leave you with an elevated user experience.

Specifications:

• Processor – M1 Chip
  • Graphics – M1 Chip
  • RAM – 8GB
  • Hard Disk Size – 256GB
  • Operating System – Mac OS
  • Screen Size – 13”
  • Special features – Portable, LED Backlit Keyboard
  • Colour – Silver

Accessories:

• USB-C Charge Cable (2 m)
  • 30W USB-C Power Adapter

Who should buy this product? – Those looking for a superior user experience for daily computing tasks, editing and consuming media.

User Feedback – A sought-after product for efficiency, display quality and battery life.

Pros Cons
The powerful and fast M1 chip Limited hardware upgrades
Good for professional-quality editing and immersive gaming Unsatisfactory webcam quality
Up to 18 hours of battery life Restricted accessibility to Android devices
Best-in-industry privacy features and security
Impressive retina display

8. Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 Pro Intel Evo Core i5-11320H, 14"(35.6cm)2.8K 400nits Thin & Light Laptop - Click here for Amazon deal

Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 Pro has an Intel Core i5 processor with an integrated graphic display, RAM of 16GB and SSD storage of 512GB. The display is QHD+ 2880x1800 resolution with 400 nits of brightness. A battery life of up to 14 hours that ensures work or game on the move makes this the best laptop in India for students.

Specifications:

• Processor – Intel Core i5
  • Graphics – Intel Iris Xe Graphics
  • RAM – 16GB
  • Hard Disk Size – 512GB
  • Screen Size – 14”
  • Special features – Lightweight, Flip-to-boot login
  • Colour – Slate Grey

Accessories:

• Power adapter

Who should buy this product? – Those looking for all the features of the best laptop in India at value for money.

User Feedback – A sought-after product for portability, screen display and camera quality.

Pros Cons
Portable, compact and lightweight at only 1.38 kg No fingerprint scanner
Wide, QHD+ display with 400 nits of brightness No Thunderbolt port and free RAM slots
Instant flip-to-boot login through an automatic facial recognition feature Basic design
Up to 14 hours of battery life

9. Honor MagicBook 14, AMD Ryzen 5 5500U 14-inch (35.56 cm) FHD IPS Anti-Glare Thin and Light Laptop - Click here for Amazon deal

With AMD Ryzen 5 processor and a 14” full HD display, Honor MagicBook 14 is the best laptop in India under 50,000. It has a RAM of 16GB and a hard disk size of 512GB, which is good for multitasking. A processor speed of 4.0 GHz and an integrated AMD Radeon graphic card makes it suitable for gaming.

Specifications:

• Processor – AMD Ryzen 5
  • Graphics – AMD Radeon Graphics
  • RAM – 16GB
  • Hard Disk Size – 512GB
  • Screen Size – 14”
  • Special features – Fingerprint reader, backlit keyboard, anti-glare coating
  • Colour – Gray

Accessories:

• Battery
  • 65W USB-C Power Adapter
  • Charger Cable Type C

Who should buy this product? – Those looking for productivity at affordable pricing.

User Feedback – Highly rated laptop for efficiency, fast processing speed and good port selection.

Pros Cons
Efficient AMD Ryzen 5 processor with integrated AMD Radeon graphics Does not have dual storage
2 in 1 fingerprint reader power button Narrow arrow keys
Pop-up webcam for privacy
Premium aluminium metal body
Battery life of up to 11 hours

10. ASUS Vivobook 14, Intel Core i3-1115G4 11th Gen, 14" (35.56 cm) FHD, Thin and Light Laptop - Click here for Amazon deal

ASUS Vivobook 14 has all the components of an efficient laptop for multi-tasking at an affordable price, making it one of the best laptops in India under 50000. The key features are an Intel Core i3 processor, a full HD display and 8GB RAM. The screen is LED backlit and anti-glare.

Specifications:

• Processor – Intel Core i3
  • Graphics – Integrated Intel UHD graphics
  • RAM – 8GB
  • Hard Disk Size – 512GB
  • Operating System – Windows 11
  • Screen Size – 14”
  • Special features – Fingerprint reader, anti-glare coating
  • Colour – Transparent Silver

Accessories:

• Power Adapter

Who should buy this product? – Those looking for an affordable laptop for multitasking such as reading, computing and watching media.

User Feedback – Rated highly for portability and screen quality but low on durability and battery life.

Pros Cons
It is efficient for multitasking Durability is compromised
Competitive Pricing Unsatisfactory battery life
Wide-view FHD display
Dual-storage design with support for up to 1TB SSD
Built-in fingerprint sensor

How do we shortlist the best laptops?

The best laptops in India should deliver all they promise and more with top-notch specifications such as powerful processors, demanding graphics and ample memory. It should also offer decent battery life, advanced design, durability and cooling capabilities.

How to find the laptop that fits your needs?

The following are the parameters to consider while buying a laptop that fits your needs:

1. Specifications – Firstly, consider your purpose for purchasing a laptop. If regular computing tasks like reading, working and studying, then an Intel core i5 or AMD Ryzen 5 processor with 8GB RAM would be enough. But if you require a machine for intensive tasks like editing videos and game playing, choose a MacBook or a laptop with Intel Core i7 or i9 or AMD Ryzen 7 and 16GB RAM.

2. Battery Life – If you are mostly working on the go, choose a laptop that gives you at least 8-10 hours of battery life.

3. Size – This variable depends on your requirement, whether you require a portable and lightweight laptop like Apple MacBook, Dell XPS or Samsung Galaxy Book2, or a game-intensive, large-screen laptop like MSI Gaming Crosshair 15.

4. Connectivity - The laptop should offer easy connectivity to other devices via Bluetooth, wi-fi, HDMI, and USB ports.

5. Durability & Security – The laptop should withstand bumps and drops. At the same time, it should be secure with features such as integrated fingerprint sensors, face ID, etc.

What to look for in a laptop before buying?

The following are the basic configurations you should keep in mind while purchasing a laptop:

• Processor – The processor gives speed and power to the laptop. Intel Core i5, i7, i9 and AMD Ryzen 5 and 7 are the most powerful processors.
  • Graphic Card – If you want an immersive gaming experience, choose Nvidia RTX 3060 or more. Otherwise, Intel and AMD processors with integrated graphics are good for detailed display.
  • RAM – RAM of at least 8GB is enough for multitasking
  • Hard Disk size - Choose a laptop with 256GB SSD or more to manage large files easily.
  • Screen Display - Opt for a full HD display (1920 x 1080p) for a sharper resolution and at least 300 nits for a bright screen
  • Operating System – Windows 11 or Mac OS are currently the best operating systems in the market.

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Which is better, MacOS or Windows?

Both MacOS and Windows have their benefits based on your needs. MacOS is faster and more user-friendly, whereas Windows offers more control. If you are a gamer, Windows is your go-to choice, while if you are a creative type, you should choose MacOS.

2. How much RAM is needed in a laptop?

A laptop for daily multi-tasking and using heavy applications should have RAM of at least 8 GB.

3. How much SSD is good enough?

A laptop with 256GB of storage capacity is enough for daily computing tasks.

Conclusion

Hence, you can choose from these best laptops in India as per your requirement for daily computing tasks, intensive editing or consuming media. These top picks will provide you with convenience and a mesmerising user experience.

To contact the Express Deals team, please drop an email to - expressdeal@newindianexpress.com